Vanilla, cardamom and lemon pudding - Delicious Recipes

Hot

Post Top Ad

Wednesday 10 April 2019

Vanilla, cardamom and lemon pudding

I think Vanilla pudding is one of my favorite pudding flavors. When I speak of pudding, I am referring to the North American type of pudding, which looks like a thick custard that is eaten cold and that is available in different flavors. I am not talking about the British pudding which is essential, is just a word to describe a sweet dessert that is enjoyed at the end of a meal.

Something incredibly beautiful happens with a simple vanilla pudding when you add the flavors of cardamom and lemon. It will be WOW! Today I wanted to make a simple vanilla pudding and after that my wheels started to spin and I decided to strengthen it a little bit. Am I ever glad I did!

If you are a regular reader of my blog, you will remember that my stove / hob recently stopped working. We are waiting for an engineer to come and see. The appointment is on Monday. In the meantime, we buy a portable hob to use for easy cooking and warming up. When we weighed the cost of eating prepared meals or restaurant meals against the purchase, it was worth it. Two diners would have paid more than for it. Problem solved, plus that I can also use it for things. Cooking videos & # 39; s come to mind, but are not yet fully excited. I'm not so good at figuring out how to do these things!

Now back to the pudding. This is really a simple dessert. Very easy. You only have to remember a few things. . .

One, don't be in a hurry. You don't really want the milk to boil. . . use a medium heat so that the bottom of your pan does not get too hot. . .

Also keep stirring / beating while you cook it. This will go a long way towards preventing lumps in your pudding, or scorching the bottom!

I remember when we were kids and my mother started working outside for the first time. She hired a woman named Mrs. Robar to take care of the house and cook meals for our children. She was a fairly large woman with an abundance of hairy moles on her face. One day she made butterscotch pudding for us and she seared it. The pudding was full of small brown blobs.

We kids refused to eat it because we thought some of the birthmarks had fallen from her face in the pudding. Children think very strange things. . . the poor darling.

You can of course use a single cream or half and half instead of the evaporated milk. Both would work well. In the interest of fat and calories, I chose not to use fat-evaporated milk, which yielded the same result. . .

A rich and delicious pudding that everyone will enjoy. Seriously, you can't taste the evaporated milk, and if you didn't see it coming in, you'd never know it was there.

Yield: 4

Vanilla, cardamom and lemon pudding

Sweet, rich and delicious, this makes the perfect end to a special meal.

ingredients:

  • 600 ml evaporated milk (2 1/2 cups)
  • 95 g caster or granulated sugar (1/2 cup)
  • 50g soft light brown sugar (1/4 cup packed)
  • 3 unsalted TBS butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
  • 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
  • 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
  • 3 TBS cornmeal (corn starch)

instructions:

  1. Measure 480 ml (2 cups) of the milk in a pan. Heat gently to simmer without boiling. Beat both sugars and ground cardamom, vanilla paste and lemon extract. Boil and stir until the sugar melts. Beat in the butter to melt. Beat the corn flour in the remaining milk and whisk it slowly in the hot mixture and whisk constantly. Boil, stir, until the mixture starts to bubble and covers the back of the spoon. Let it cook for a few minutes longer. Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap so that the foil touches the surface of the pudding. This helps prevent skin from developing. Alternatively you can divide it evenly between 4 serving trays. Cool a minimum of 2 hours or a maximum of 24 hours before serving. Delicious!

You can also cut the recipe in half very well. I did it today and it was just perfect. I am kindly wish I did not, however, as now I want more. Probably a good thing that I don't think the whole recipe I think. . . Enjoy your meal!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot