How to make a better Sandwich - Delicious Recipes

Hot

Post Top Ad

Wednesday 10 April 2019

How to make a better Sandwich

Not much is being cooked here at the moment, because the stove is out of use! We have booked a mechanic who comes by on Monday, and if God wants it, he will be able to fix it! Fingers crossed! Cookers are great tickets! In the meantime, after we figured out what it would cost to go out for five days, we bought a hot stove with countertop, which is great for warming up soups, preparing eggs, etc. I don't think there is one Real will be cooking in progress, but you never know. Today we had some delicious Roast Beef, Horseradish and Baby Rocket Sandwiches, along with some deli-potato salad and Cheese Slaw. They went a real treat. I thought I would take this opportunity to share my rules and tips for making a better sandwich with you.

I can tell you that the whole time I grew up I had never made a terrible sandwich by my mother. Mom made the best sandwiches and I learned a lot from watching her. Even a modest white bread sandwich and Heinz sandwich were a treat.

How often have you been disappointed with a purchased sandwich. . . dry bread . . . lack of filling. . . tasteless filling, etc. To often for me to count, in my experience. I don't know how they can get something that is so simple, so very wrong, but more often than not!

Making your own sandwiches does not take much effort or time. There are, however, a few rules that you must follow to make your sandwiches / butties / sarnies the best-selling. These are my tips and secrets, and now they can be yours too!

Every sandwich that is worth making or eating is only worth the best ingredients. If you start with the best, you are well on your way to a great dining experience. I like to use quality bread and the freshest bread that I can. I also like to use interesting bread. Sour dough bread, wholegrain bread, grafted bread, French baguettes and even modestly sliced ​​white bread can make a really great sandwich if you start with the best and freshest you can find. Today I used fresh, freshly baked Croissants. The starch / bread / wrap is one of the most important factors in your sandwich. Why doubt quality when this can make a big difference between making a sandwich or making a SANDWICH! Make sure that the bread you choose is strong enough to withstand the filling that you are going to use. Quality and care can make a big difference between a sandwich that is not worthy and a sandwich that can sustain a journey and can stand several hours before eating.

Fresh meat, fish or cheese. . . fresh vegetables . . . quality specialties, all these things go a long way towards building a better ass. Do NOT stint on one of these items.

Choose the right bread for the right filling. Chewier, crustier bread works well with studying fillings, softer bread works best with soft fillings. For example, serving an egg salad on a very chewy crusty bread does not work. By the time you chew through the bread, half of your filling escapes from the edges and falls into your lap. Not all breads and fillings are the same. Texture is important. You can get more filling on a softer bread, but on a crusty bread this can be disastrous. Be careful with the balance between your bread choice, your filling and the quantities you want to use.

So now you have collected all your ingredients and they are the best and balanced and you are ready to start. . . in all truth, even with all these factors in place, you can still spoil a sandwich by not treating it properly. Spread a sandwich that will contain a wet filling richly with butter or mayonnaise and up to the edges of the bread. This helps to form a barrier that can prevent a soaked filling from soaking in the bread. It also helps to prevent dry corners that only end up in the trash, not eaten. Do not be so enthusiastic with all your spices, but remember that there is a fine line between just enough and over the top. You also don't want them to overwhelm the sandwich. So a thin even distribution of the butter works well, and then any other condiment that you use, taking into account that strong flavors must be used sparingly or that they will take over completely and even create an inedible sandwich. When I first moved to the UK, I had no idea how strong English Mustard was. I cut it on my husband's sandwiches, just like the regular American mustard. Only when he told me that he threw his head off did I realize that less was actually more.

When using sliced ​​meat and cheese, I think they work much better when they are cut into thin slices. Laying them down is easy and you can make something much more visually beautiful. They are also easier to bite when they are cut into thin slices. Put them evenly on top of each other so that you don't end up in the middle more than on the edges. I like to put vegetables first, after mayonnaise or horseradish or mustard, chutney, etc.

Make sure your vegetables are washed and dried. I cut tomatoes super thin and then layers, it is the same with cucumbers, or pickles, lettuce varieties or other vegetables. I often use my Essential 5-in-1 vegetable shredder to cut my vegetables. It is really a handy tool to have in the kitchen. Easy to use, clean, store and maintain. I love it and use it a lot. You can read more here.

If you take your sandwiches with you on a trip, to school or work, or even on a picnic, then you must ensure that you have cut them into manageable shapes and sizes. I like to cut them half diagonally or horizontally, depending on where I am going. When I go on a picnic, I can pack them much easier if I cut them horizontally.

If I eat them at home, it is perfect to cut them in half diagonally, and if you use them for a tea party, it is best to remove the crusts and then cut them into smaller shapes, not much more than two bite sizes.

If you pack them, make sure you pack them well in grease-free / grease-free paper, plastic cling film or even wash-wash packaging (best for the environment) to keep them fresh. Keep them in a sturdy container or box to prevent them from being crushed.

If you have really wet ingredients / add-ons, you can even save them separately, ready to add to the sandwich at the last minute. That way you can be sure that your sandwiches will not be damp.

If you prepare a sandwich to serve for something like a tea party, I cover them with damp paper towels or tea towels. Wet the towels with cold water and then squeeze out as much water as possible. Gently place the towels on the rolls, cover them completely and keep them in the fridge until you are ready to put them down, only unravel them at the last minute. They stay fresh longer.

By choosing the right ingredients, arranging them proportionally and with care, you can always be sure that you will have a great sandwich that everyone can enjoy. Look for a balance in tastes and structure. It is never pleasant to eat a sandwich that falls apart when you eat it, or whose filling slips out of the sides and back. It is also not nice to eat a sandwich whose taste is completely overloaded by the strongest flavored ingredient in the mix! By following these simple hints and tips, you can be sure that every sandwich, even a simple one, is a pleasure to enjoy! Enjoy your meal!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot