A look at my morning routine - Delicious Recipes

Hot

Post Top Ad

Wednesday 17 April 2019

A look at my morning routine




My morning routine



Today I take a break from sharing a recipe to show you a glimpse of my world at home - especially my morning routine. For me, every day always looks a little different. Some days are spent photographing, other days are spent writing blog posts, planning recipes, creating book pages, emailing, testing, the list goes on. Suffice to say that many of my days are quite chaotic, so one thing I have learned to appreciate over time is having a morning routine. I feel it is a great way to prepare myself for the rest of the day, so I thought it would be nice to share it with you (and have an excuse to share puppy photos). !




My morning routine


The first thing I do every morning is wake up and play with our dog Annie. Or rather, the dog wakes up and plays with me. Anyway, as soon as my eyes open, a drooling, bouncing puppy comes to my pillow to greet me. It's not a quiet way to get up, but it's a happy one. Her crazy, joyful energy reminds me that every day is an exciting day to wake up. After I get up, Annie goes back to sleep because she is the one in our household who really leads her best life.




My morning routine


Then I go downstairs, make a cup of tea and empty the dishwasher. As a food blogger I go through a crazy amount of daily dishes and they can get out of hand quickly. I am adamant to put everything away in the morning, so that the kitchen is ready to leave before the cooking / testing / photography madness starts again. Because most dishes are doubled as photography props, this process is always a bit of a Tetris game.




My morning routine


Then it's breakfast time! I go to bed dreaming of food and wake up hungry, so I always make time for a decent breakfast. I have been in these little breakfast sandwiches lately! Jack makes cookies at the weekend that we store together with MorningStar Farms Sausage Patties in the freezer. The pasties are super tasty and easy to assemble with any other fresh ingredients that I have on hand. They have 9 grams of vegetarian protein per serving, so they are a great warm, satisfying way to start the morning.




My morning routine


Here are a few of my favorite sandwich combinations, each making 3 to 4 sandwiches, because I usually also make breakfast for Jack:


Sandwich variation # 1 (the one pictured!)
- MorningStar Farms® Original Sausage Patty

- egg with spinach

- tomato and / or sliced ​​avocado

- a blob of chipotle sauce, for a little kick!


Sandwich variation # 2
- MorningStar Farms® Hot & Spicy Sausage Patty

- Scrambled eggs

- chopped roasted red peppers

- sliced ​​serrano peppers (I like a spicy breakfast, if you haven't noticed)


Sandwich variation # 3
- MorningStar Farms® Maple-flavored sausage patties

- roasted sweet potato (a great way to use leftovers!)

- a blob of pesto, especially when I have it in the fridge




My morning routine


They are so tasty and cute!




My morning routine


After breakfast I go to work and I do office tasks the rest of the morning before the rest of the day takes over.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot